For the purposes of this complaints procedure, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- complaint: any written expression of dissatisfaction by or on behalf of the client towards the attorney at law or the persons working under his responsibility regarding the conclusion and execution of an assignment agreement, the quality of the services or the amount of the bill, not being a complaint as referred to in Section 4 of the Advocatenwet;
- Complainant: the client or his representative who makes a complaint;
- Complaints Officer: the attorney at law in charge of handling the complaint;
Scope of application
- This complaints procedure applies to any agreement of assignment between Treble B.V. (TREBLE) (trade register number 73946060) and the client.
- Every TREBLE attorney at law is responsible for handling complaints in accordance with the office complaints regulations.
The purpose of this complaint procedure is to help:
- establishing a procedure to deal constructively with client complaints within a reasonable period of time;
- the establishment of a procedure to determine the causes of client complaints;
- maintaining and improving existing relationships by means of good complaints handling;
- train staff to respond to complaints in a client-focused way;
- improving the quality of service through complaint handling and complaint analysis.
Information at the start of service
- This complaint scheme has been made public. The attorney at law draws the client’s attention to the fact that the firm has a complaints procedure and that this procedure applies to the provision of services.
- Complaints as referred to in the first article of this complaints procedure that have not been resolved after treatment will be submitted to the District Court of Oost-Brabant.
Internal complaint procedure
- If a client approaches the firm with a complaint, the complaint will be forwarded to Freek Haerkens, who will act as complaints officer. If the complaint concerns Freek Haerkens, Pieter van der Schee or Natascha Linssen will act as complaints officer, at the client’s discretion.
- The Complaints Officer informs the person complained about of the filing of the complaint and gives the complainant and the person complained about the opportunity to explain the complaint.
- The person who has been complained about tries to reach a solution together with the client, whether or not after intervention of the complaints officer.
- The complaints officer will deal with the complaint within four weeks after receipt of the complaint or inform the complainant of any deviation from this period, stating the period within which an opinion on the complaint will be given.
- The Complaints Officer informs the complainant and the person complained about in writing of the opinion on the merits of the complaint, whether or not accompanied by recommendations.
- If the complaint has been dealt with satisfactorily, the complainant, the complaints officer and the person about whom the complaint was made will sign the judgment on the merits of the complaint.
Confidentiality and free handling of complaints
- The complaints officer and the person about whom the complaint has been made shall observe confidentiality in the handling of the complaint.
- The complainant does not owe any compensation for the costs of handling the complaint.
- The Complaints Officer is responsible for the timely handling of the complaint.
- The person who has been complained about keeps the complaints officer informed about possible contact and a possible solution.
- The Complaints Officer keeps the complainant informed about the handling of the complaint.
- The Complaints Officer keeps the complaint file up to date.
- The complaints officer registers the complaint together with the subject of the complaint.
- A complaint can be divided into several subjects.
- The Complaints Officer shall periodically report on the handling of complaints and make recommendations for the prevention of new complaints and the improvement of procedures.
- At least once a year, the reports and recommendations are discussed at the office and submitted for decision.
Office complaints regulation v1, March 2019